Our spiritual care is part of The Lutheran Care Network, where we recognize a person’s spirituality as an important part of well being and happiness. Spiritual care at TLCN is how we express care and concern for residents, families, volunteers and staff who are a part of our household.
We offer spiritual and emotional support and foster the spirituality of our residents, regardless of their faith’s denomination.
The Reverend Art Downing is our pastor, who leads worship. He is also available for individual consultation. From time to time, we are host to guest leaders from surrounding churches as part of our pastoral care program.
"It is wonderful to be able to worship with people with whom I live" a resident commented after attending a service of Morning Prayer (Matins) conducted in the chapel each Sunday at 11:00 a.m. The chapel provides a sacred setting for corporate worship services and individual prayer and meditation. Weekly Bible Study is offered and all are invited.
All residents of Coburg Village, a senior community in Clifton Park, NY, are welcome to attend any of the services we offer. We are non-denominational, so please feel free to choose any service.
- Pastor Arthur Downing (On Staff)
- Sundays in the Meditation Room at 11 a.m.
- Thursday Bible Study in the Chapel at 1 p.m.
- 2nd Tuesdays Holy Mass in the Meditation Room at 2 p.m.
- Hearing Confession at 2 p.m.
- 4th week Prayer & Communion Service
- Resident Rosary Reciting Thursdays in the Meditation Room at 11 a.m.
- 3rd Tuesdays Roman Catholic mass-Father Pauli
- Father John Henry (St. George’s Church)
- 1st and 3rd Tuesdays in the Meditation Room at 11 a.m.
- Rabbi Dr. Chanan Markowitz (Congregation Beth Shalom)
- Erev Shabbat Service
- 1st Friday of the month in the Meditation Room at 11 a.m.